Thursday, November 13, 2008

PT & Pregnancy Update

PT - I called it Saturday. After I cryed for 20 mins after Ali went down for the night I talked it out with Curt and decided that it must not be the right time. I just don't think she as the muscle control yet. I cryed cause I felt like a failure. I have one responsibility: take care of my family. I felt like I was not doing that well if I didn't potty train my kid young. It is more of a judgement thing on my part...I thought parents who didn't succeed in doing this was because they were soft. I learned. I am sorry!
Pregnancy - Doing well. Had an ultrasound Monday and things looked good. Much to Curt's disappointment the US lady didn't mess up and tell me what it is. I took my gestational diabetes test again on Tuesday. If I get through tomorrow with no phone call, most likely I passed. I am hoping for the best, but expecting the worse. Small price to pay for a kiddo that is what I say. Other than that I have been having some contractions, which is normal. I am starting to get to the uncomfortable stage where falling asleep is hard and things like bending over are harder too. Wide Load!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara... DON'T you dare blame yourself!! I am telling you if you wait a little longer it will be much easier and go much faster. The younger they are, the harder it is and the more effort YOU have to put forward getting them trained.

I am glad to hear your pregnancy is going well! I got your message and WILL call you some time soon.... I promise! It has just been crazy busy at work. I would call you on my way home from work (since I have such a long stinking drive) but I am in a dead zone most of my way there and back so it sucks!

Anyway, hang in there and I will talk to you soon Sara.

Janice

Randy said...

All kids just have their time. Sometimes we try too early, and sometimes too late. You guys are good perceptive parents and you will know when she will be ready. Look on the bright side, not you at least know what to expect next time around!

RK said...

I'm glad to hear you're taking a break. It'll be much less stressful when she's more ready, I'm sure. The average "they" say currently for typical kids (sorry, that's my language... no delays, etc.) is closer to 3 these days. It doesn't reflect poorly on your parenting at all... just breathe and she'll probably surprise you soon enough. :o)

Glad all is well in prego land...

StL Steeles said...

Sara... I used to think like you, too. I used to think I would start potty-training Mim when she was 18 months old. That didn't happen and looking back, I'm so thankful! Thanks for sharing your experience and being so honest; that is so valuable to me as another mommy!
Steph

Jennifer said...

Ditto to all the other comments - sorry this is late (I'm behind in blog world) - so who knows if you'll even see this? I thought it'd be great, too, to have Livy potty trained before Hunter came along - but even though she was interested, her muscle control and understanding of what potty is wasn't there. My doc said they really don't understand the process of "peeing" until after 2 - so while they may do it, they don't really know what they are doing and will often go back and revert at some point. Anyway, not to unload doctor garble. While I think there is a lot of truth to it being something of when the parents hunker down and do it, it's still up to them to be ready. Tough things to figure out - but rest assured you are a WONDERFUL mom and Ali is very advanced. They grow up too fast - enjoy the diaper changes while you can. :) And give yourself a break - it's not easy to do what you are doing. This mommy business is a tough one! (but great!)

Taken by Tiffany said...

Have you tried letting her go naked? That seemed to work for Charlie and Karen just had success with Grace. Just a suggestion. I was very frustrated, but even Charlie was not potty trained completely until he was almost 3! I stressed also, and now I am off to trying again with Rose this summer. Good luck! Good to hear you 3 are doing ok!