Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bringing in the New Year with a Bang

Following a long-standing Wagner male tradition, I didn't smile for this picture! Why? I guess I'd say it was either the -5 F wind chill that day and my face was frozen in place or it was the unexpected snap of the timer. Either way, Greg and Ken didn't have that problem. So I guess I don't have much of an excuse. For those of you who dig rabbit hunting (I know there are SO many of you!), it was a fantastic day with 14 flushes and 5 in the bag...without a dog. Looking back, we really should have had at least 7 or 8 in the bag, but yours truly decided to show off his 'amazing' shot-gunning skills for the guys. A good day with good friends.

1 comment:

sbharnish said...

fun! huntin' rabbits was a huge family tradition on my Dad's side...only they used beagles to flush. I also had to chuckle, and recall running all around PSU campus chasing rabbits for fun!